How & Why
- Managing Security Work in Scrum: Tensions and Challenges. (SecSE 2017)
- The Trouble With Security Requirements. (RE'17)
- Hardening Java’s Access Control by Abolishing Implicit Privilege Elevation. (IEEE SP'17)
- Breaking New Ground for Researching Secure Software Development with Social Theory. (CSCW'17 WS)
- Can Security Become a Routine? A Study of Organizational Change in an Agile Software Development Group. (CSCW'17)
Breaking Systems to Improve Them
But is it secure, too? Our security test lab answers this question for a wide range of IT products, services and infrastructures. Established in 2004 as a unit of research & development lab of Fraunhofer SIT, the test lab integrates research with services.
We break systems to improve them, systematically. Our staff is capable of analyzing security even under adverse conditions such as in a black-box test.We do not believe in automation. What you will get is a carefully written report of our findings, an interpretation of results, and specific recommendations. Or even a certificate if we are happy with what we see.